Port Stephens triathlon offers athletes a fun weekend with distances for all abilities – Standard, Sprint and Super-Sprint (Enticer). It’s an awesome event, in a beautiful part of the world. And also makes for a great get-away with the entire family!
Whether you’re a seasoned triathlete or just starting out, this event has something for everyone. The standard distance for those looking for a challenge; the sprint distance for those into speed; or the super-sprint distance for those new to the sport of triathlon. The swim takes place on the idyllic One Mile Beach, the bike consists of undulating laps in the local area and the run offers a supportive atmosphere with lots of cheering.
Our 12-week training program is limited to 12 x athletes. Weekly training consists of 3 x coached group sessions* and 3 x individual training sessions. Your training plan will be sent to you each week via Training Peaks – this will include 6 x training sessions. Each training plan is tailored to fit into your lifestyle – our aim is to balance your training sessions with your day-to-day commitments. We understand how busy life is. (* varies across each week)
Our coaches are qualified across the sport of triathlon – swim, bike and run. Each coach has unique experience in competing in triathlons (across various distances), as well as taking part in the ITU Age-Group World Championships.
Weekly Training Timetable (Mon to Sun)
(best viewed on desktop/laptop)
|Individual Training||Individual Training||7:00-9:00am,
|Strength Training*||Run||Bike Turbo||Swim Squad||Run||Bike Outdoor||Open Water|
|Our Strength-FIT program focuses on strengthening muscles and joints to help improve performance and decrease injury risk.
(*Additional cost at discounted rate.)
|Coached run session focusing on speed & strength.||Coached indoor bike turbo session focusing on speed, strength & stamina. Will also include some brick sessions later in the program.||Individual swim session with your local swim squad.||Individual run session focusing on distance & endurance.||Alternating coached & social sessions:
6 x coached outdoor bike sessions focusing on skills, confidence & endurance
6 x social rides focusing on disance & endurance.
|Mixture of coached & social sessions:
6 x coached open water swim session focusing on skills, confidence & endurance.
6 x social swims focusing on disance & endurance.
What is included?
- 12-week online training program
- 12 x coached indoor bike turbo sessions (studio)
- 12 x coached outdoor run sessions
- 6 x outdoor bike sessions
- 6 x open water swim sessions
- Mental skills and strategies
- Race nutrition and recovery
- Race tactics and guidance
- Analysis and feedback on training data
- Race weekend logistics
- Motivational support
- Access to private online forum
- Membership of a supportive, like-minded Community
What is excluded?
- Strength training – you are encouraged to join our Strength-FIT program (discounted rate)
- Pool swim squad training – you are encouraged to join your own local swim squad
- Social outdoor swim sessions – you are encouraged to join Shelly Swim Club for a weekly outdoor swim
- Social bike rides – you are encouraged to join Northern Suburbs Triathlon Club (NSTC) on Sat 6.30am
- Race entry fee
- BEXI Tri-Suit (optional) – orders must be placed by Fri 16 Mar 2018
What is cost?
- 12-week online program
- 36 x coached sessions
- $48 p/week across 12-weeks – payable in 3 x $195 monthly instalments (total $585)
“Fantastic coaches. Loved the mix & variety of sessions. Each coach was able to add their skills & expertise. It was awesome having Carm speak at the Manly practice session – I had no idea how important his comments would be to my completion of the 70.3. The inclusion of a nutrition talk & bike mechanics were also great.” (Survey 2017)