You can if you think you can!
What is the Tri-FIT program in a nutshell?
It is a 12-week program, which progresses your fitness from where you are, in each discipline. We assume you are starting from a low fitness base and we develop you from there. Should you already have a good fitness base, we will continue to progress your fitness to the next level.
What distances are we training for?
This is very much based on your individual goals and your fitness base. Should you have a low fitness base, then it would be best to start off with the Enticer/Enforcer distance. Those who have a fairly good fitness base are encouraged to do the Sprint distance.
- Enticer – 200m swim | 10km bike | 2km run
- Enforcer – 400m swim | 20km bike | 4km run
- Sprint – 750m swim | 20km bike | 5km run
How much training is involved?
There will be 3 x weekly group training sessions:
- Bike Training – Mon 5.45am OR Weds 9.30am | Sat 3pm*
- Run Training – Tues 6am
- Swim Training – Thu 5.45am
* We have allocated 4 x Saturday Bike sessions – this is where we will take you outside (Terry Hills) and focus on building your confidence on the bike. You will be able to apply all the techniques you have learnt at the indoor bike sessions.
In addition to the above, you will be required to do your own ‘endurance’ training. You will have access to your own training portal (Training Peaks), which will detail your training. Typically, this will include another swim, bike and run session. We have deliberately kept the weekends free so that you can go out for a cycle ride and complete your own run or swim session.
You are encouraged to attend the group training sessions – it is these sessions that make you work harder and also motivate/inspire you!
What will the training consist of?
The group training sessions will focus on technique and general fitness. The sessions will consist of a diversity of workout types, which will enable you to get fitter faster by challenging yourself in different ways. Your ‘homework’ sessions will focus on longer endurance sessions, where you will be able to apply the various techniques that you have learnt in the group sessions.
Where will the sessions take place?
- Bike – 37 Wheeler Parade, Dee Why (Coach Liz Stapleton’s converted bike studio)
- Run – Jamieson Park, Narrabeen
- Swim – Fitness First, Dee Why
What if I can’t make a group session?
Come to speak to us and we will work out a suitable ‘individualised’ program for you. Obviously it is much easier and by far more motivational when training in a group – but this may not always be possible.
What equipment do I need for each discipline?
Swim – Coach Sue Bennett (0405 374 371)
- Swim Cap – 2-3 latex caps
- Pool buoy
- Kick board
- Training Fins – DCMs are great, or just the classic Eyeline blue/orange are fine
- Hand Paddles (intermediates)
- (recommend shop is Aquashop in Gordon)
Bike – Coach Liz Stapleton (0410 195 567)
- Bike in good working order (contact Coach Liz for recommended bike stores)
- Bike shoes (or runners if you do not use cleats)
- Helmet (Australia rating) – for going outside
- Bike shorts (the padded ones if you have them)
- Socks and Singlet (we get very sweaty)
- Water bottle (2 bottles, one for the session, one for afterwards – we will get hot)
- Gadgets – i.e. Garmin, heart rate monitor etc (these are not compulsory but if you have toys we can use them)
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Pease attempt to pump up your tyres – around 100PSI (if this sounds like gibberish, we can pump at the bike studio)
Run – Coach Debbie Solms (0400 455 151)
- Good running shoes – preferably fitted by a specialist running shop (we recommend Pace Athletic in Manly)
- Gym tights or running shorts
- Running tank / short-sleeve tee / gym shirt
- Water-resistant jacket (if raining)
- Well supporting bra
- Bottle of water
- Towel (for afterwards)
“I started training for the 5km-FIT learn-to-run program five years ago. The team support and camaraderie was so infectious, it led me to completing multiple half-marathons… and now triathlons. I love the structured program and group training sessions – it makes training so much easier and lots more fun!” Felicity Douglas
What is the cost of the program?
The 12-week program, includes 40 x coached sessions – only $520. Total cost can be split into monthly instalments (3 x $178/pm)
Contact Debbie Solms should you require an individualised program.
When does the first training session start?
Our first session kicks off on Monday 20 Feb, 5.45am-6.45am. This will take place at Coach Liz’s bike studio – please aim to arrive early, so that you can park up and set up your bike.
If you are interested in joining our Tri-FIT program – register here.
Should you wish to speak to someone about the program in more detail, please contact Debbie Solms on 0400 455 151 or email@example.com.