The SMH Half-Marathon is Australia’s largest and most prestigious half-marathon events. With over 12,000 participants, the route takes on 21.1km around Sydney’s most iconic sights.
Our 12-week training program starts on Sat 25 February 2017 and progressively builds up, so that you are able to cover the course comfortably.
Our programs are based on the 80/20 Rule – 80 percent at low intensity and 20 percent at moderate/high intensity. By training slower we aim to run stronger and race faster. All programs are built around 3 x coached sessions.
Each member has an online program, which is prepared in blocks and provided via Training Peaks. This allows us to provide individualised plans that best suits your needs and goals, as well as giving us the feedback and analysis tools we need. You will be able to log your workouts and analyse your performance data as you complete each session. Our aim is to progresses you gradually, so that you train safely and without injury.
➣ Looking for motivation to get you started – read our blog ‘A BIG YES!‘
What is included?
- 12-week periodised training plan based on your race distanc
- 3 x face-to-face coached group session – long run, interval run and tempo run
- Analysis and feedback on training data
- Goal setting
- Mental skills and strategies
- Race nutrition and recovery
- Race tactics and guidance
- Race weekend logistics
- Motivational support
- Access to private online forum
- Membership of a supportive, like-minded Community
- FREE BEXI cotton singlet
What is excluded?
- Race entry fee
- Travel, accommodation and meals
- BEXI technical race singlet
What is cost?
$360 for 12-week program
Total can be split into monthly installments – (3 x $125/pm)