Today I felt like writing a happy blog. Simply because I am filled with an immense amount of happiness based on what our BEXI team has achieved over the past few months. Also… because there’s a special something to celebrate.
Firstly, to share some of my happy-beans:
- Our Tri-FIT team achieving their first sprint triathlon;
- Our Race-FIT teams achieving their half-marathon and marathon goals in Canberra, Sydney & Great Ocean Road;
- One very special team member who ‘quietly’ achieved her first half-marathon on her own;
- Others for stepping out of their comfort zones to complete their first 5km parkrun, endurance trail run, and organised cycle ride;
- Others for teaming up to support each other in ocean swims, bike rides and training runs.
I love how our BEXI community responds to every call that excites their spirit!
Secondly, a very important happy-bean that fills me with so much pride. Our community is made up of very special people and we want to celebrate these very special people. We have therefore introduced a special prize to recognise these people… and are pleased to announce our ‘BEXI Ambassador Award’. This award goes out to one truly exceptional member who lives and breathes our BEXI values. She|he goes beyond their call of duty to inspire, motivate and support others. Each year we will select one member, who will receive one full year’s free training with us.
We are therefore incredibly thrilled to announce of first BEXI Ambassador for 2016 (click to reveal). Huge congratulations to our very deserving BEXI member!
I’m totally honoured to have been a part of your successful achievements and look forward to sharing many more in the months ahead.
What’s up next?
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival – Marathon – training starts Sat 28 May
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival – Half-Marathon – training starts Sat 25 June
- City2Surf Fun Run – training starts Sat 04 June
MS Walk & Fun Run – Sun 5 June