We’re mixing it up at the inaugural Long Course Weekend in Jervis Bay! You choose the disciplines and the distances over 3 days – Friday swim, Saturday cycle and Sunday run. A great way for friends to train and race together.
The weekend kicks off with the swim on Friday – choose from distances corresponding to triathlons most popular distance – 750m, 1.5km, 1.9km or 3.8km.
On Saturday the focus is the bike ride of undulating countryside – ranging from 20km, 40km, 90km or 180km. Distances to attract athletes of all abilities.
To finish the weekend on Sunday, take on the run following the beautiful coastline of Jervis Bay and Husikisson – 5km, 10km 21.1km or 42.2km. Allowing everyone to be involved.
Our 12-week training program offers you a selection of swimming, running and cycling sessions. You will receive a 12-week online program which will include 6 x weekly training sessions. There will be 3 x coached group sessions* and 3 x individual training sessions.
Our coaches are qualified across the sport of triathlon, running, cycling and swimming. Each coach has unique experience in competing in triathlons (across various distances), as well as taking part in the ITU Age-Group World Championships.
(*varies across the weeks)
Weekly Training Timetable (Mon to Sun)
(best viewed on desktop/laptop)
|Individual Training||Individual Training||7:00-9:00am,
|Swim Squad||Run||Bike Outdoor
|Strength training focusing on strengthening muscles and joints, to help improve performance and decrease injury risk.
|12 x coached run session focusing on speed & strength.||12 x coached indoor bike turbo session focusing on speed, strength & stamina. Will also include some brick sessions later in the program.||Individual swim session with your local swim squad.||Individual run session focusing on distance & endurance.||Alternating coached & social sessions:
6 x coached outdoor bike sessions focusing on skills, confidence & endurance
6 x social rides focusing on disance & endurance.
|Mixture of coached & social sessions:
4 x coached open water swim session focusing on skills, confidence & endurance.
8 x social swims focusing on disance & endurance.
What is included?
- 12-week online training program
- 12 x coached indoor bike turbo sessions (studio)
- 12 x coached outdoor run sessions
- 6 x outdoor bike sessions
- 5 x open water swim sessions
- Mental skills and strategies
- Race nutrition and recovery
- Race tactics and guidance
- Analysis and feedback on training data
- Race weekend logistics
- Motivational support
- Access to private online forum
- Membership of a supportive, like-minded Community
What is excluded?
- Pool swim squad training – you are encouraged to join your own local swim squad
- Social outdoor swim sessions – you are encouraged to join Shelly Swim Club
- Social bike rides – you are encouraged to join Northern Suburbs Triathlon Club (NSTC) on Sat 6.30am
- Race entry fee
- BEXI Tri-Suit (optional) – orders must be placed by Mon 14 Aug 2017
What is cost?
- 12-week online program
- 35 x coached sessions
- $46 p/week across 12-weeks – payable in 3 x $185 monthly instalments (total $555)