Triathlon and Cycle Coach
I believe triathlon teaches you to manage multiple commitments and gain the values that sport can provide in terms of consistency, hard work and good sportsmanship.
From a sporting background of touch football and surfboat rowing, Phoebe Fear began competing in triathlon around 5 years ago after the birth of her children. She has competed at local, interstate and global races in Club, Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman and Full Ironman distances. She has had some strong results including:
- 5th in AG – Ironman World Champs – Hawaii, Kona
- 4th in AG – 70.3 World Champs – Sunny Coast
- 1st female AG overall – Ironman Malaysia
- 1st in AG – Melbourne Ironman
- Multiple AG wins in 70.3 races – Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Western Sydney, Port Macquarie
- 1st female overall Club Champs (2016, 2017)
- Highest result Aust. in AG at Olympic World Champs – UK
Phoebe’s interest in running and triathlon is broader than her own racing. She is now expanding her passion by working and coaching in the industry.
I believe triathlon teaches you to manage multiple commitments and gain the values that sport can provide in terms of consistency, hard work and good sportsmanship. I also really just want to encourage people to be healthy and active with a wholistic approach encompassing many aspects such as specific training, healthy nutrition, strength & conditioning, flexibility and mental resilience.
Phoebe currently works at Altitude Australia as a coach and marketing manager. She is part of an elite triathlon AG team – Fusion Team Australia working with a number of sponsors and team members.
Life for Phoebe also includes work and her family (husband, 2 young boys and a dog) to keep her busy. To relax she enjoys reading, yoga and a nice glass of wine!
Qualifications (some in progress)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Marketing Certificate – MGSM
- Cycling Australia – Road and Track Skills
- Triathlon Australia – Triathlete Development Coach
- Cert IV Personal Training