I recently overhead an advert on TV that really caught my attention. It was about pursuing our dreams and the journey to achieve them.
The key message was about making sacrifices to achieve what we really want in life.
A big YES is built on a lot of NO’s
Pursuing a dream takes an incredible amount of energy and enthusiasm. So where do we get that energy? By making sacrifices. In order to stay motivated, to stay on the path of realising our dreams, we need to be willing to make little sacrifices.
Below are 5-tips to build towards that big YES:
- Time management – use your 24hrs wisely, prioritize the important tasks, learn to say ‘no’.
- Instability – we all like a smooth ride, but life is a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Ride it – embrace the challenges, they make you stronger.
- Personal Life – work out ways to manage your relationships and friendships. Again, learn to say ‘no’ – you can’t please everyone and sabotage your own goals.
- Immediate Desires – choosing the easy option is often the temptation, but we have the choice between our immediate desires and those that will propel our dreams forward. Stay true to what is most important to you.
- Sleep – we all love a few extra hours of sleep (especially when the alarm goes off), but there’s an awesome rewarding feeling when you accomplish what you set out to do — making the lack of a ‘lie-in’ always worth it.
We make these sacrifices as we know they are a short-term and there is an end-goal in mind. We stay focused, we stay committed and we stay true to our goal. And in the end, we reap the reward of achieving our goal. All the sacrifices become worthwhile.
We achieve our dream!